Scholarships Available for Poultry School
On March 28 and 29 2015, the APPPA leadership will descend on the Stone Barns Agricultural Center in New York along with many other poultry experts for a 2 day intensive pastured poultry school. The Stone Barns staff are designing concurrent tracks to apply to everyone from urban flock owners to commercial pastured-poultry producers.
The registration is not yet open. You can subscribe to APPPA Director Mike Badger's email list for the latest poultry school information as well as other pastured poultry news, views, and tips. Or check out the event website.
APPPA is making several scholarships available to cover the cost of registration and meals. Scholarship winners will be responsible for their own travel and lodging.
Deadline to apply: February 613, 2015.
To apply for a scholarship, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information.
- Name, Farm Name, Address, Phone, Email, website (if available).
- Length of time farming.
- Length of time raising pastured poultry, including a list of products (eggs, broilers, turkeys, etc).
- State your pastured poultry goals.
- Tell APPPA why we should award you a scholarship to attend the Poultry School (need, value, role as an educator... you get the idea).
- Are you a current APPPA member?
Applications will be selected based on the following:
- Answer all questions. Incomplete or late responses will not be considered.
- Preference will be given to current APPPA members who demonstrate a need for the scholarship. However, individual awards will be evaluated, which means some non-APPPA members may be selected.
- You have been farming for at least one full year; however, being a beginning farmer is not a requirement. APPPA does reserve the right to award some scholarships to established pastured-poultry producers and long-time APPPA members.
Email your interest to email@example.com on or before February 13, 2015 to be considered.